Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

MacMail has rarely been a problem for us with previous version of the Mac OS, however, now that two PowerBooks have been updated here in the office, they refuse to automatically download mail. That is, if the users want to check for new mail, they have to quit and restart MacMail. Once up, it takes a few more seconds, and then, finally, new mail arrives.

Nothing has changed mail server-wise, incoming or outgoing.

Anyone have any idea why this may be happening?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thought... one of the users was migrated to Leopard, perhaps deleting the mail account and setting up from scratch is a better idea, even if all the info is the same.

Anyone?

·
You are just an illusion
2,856 Posts
mail -> preference -> general ---- Check for new mail: every x minutes

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's not the issue, that was checked immediately, none of the user's settings have changed as noted above, thanks anyways

·
Premium Member
42,594 Posts
Upgrade to Lion.

·
Premium Member
42,594 Posts
It was a joke, pm-r.

·
Premium Member
15,775 Posts
It was a joke, pm-r.

OK, I guess, but a rather odd sense of humour to me, and I don't see anything funny about your reply at all. Odd maybe, but definitely not funny.

Actually, I wonder why so many Mac support sites keep such old posts around.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
42,594 Posts
OK, I guess, but a rather odd sense of humour to me, and I don't see anything funny about your reply at all. Odd maybe, but definitely not funny.
I wasn't imagining that you in particular would enjoy the joke! But it was a topic that was recommended to me by the algorithm yesterday.

Actually, I wonder why so many Mac support sites keep such old posts around.
Because, well-indexed on Google, they provide potential clickbait for advertising exposure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts