I have a Macbook still under warranty that has a problem today. The keyboard and touchpad are no longer responsive. The usb mouse I keep plugged in works okay, but there's no change when I unplug the mouse or restart.
Tekserve responded with a solution that worked, so I thought I'd post it here:
Check that the num-lock key hasn't been selected.
Also check that Universal Access hasn't been selected in Apple menu ->
System Preferences -> Universal Access.
if neither are the case:
1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
2. Disconnect the AC Adapter and remove the computer's battery.
3. Press and hold down the power button for 5 seconds and then release the
4. Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter.
5. Press the Power button to restart the computer.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.