Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It gives me the error “macOS could not be installed in your computer. An error occurred while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.“

Every time I restart the process repeats and I can’t get anywhere.

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts

you sure haven't supplied much in the way of details, like Mac Model, OS X versions involved…

1. Try pressing and holding down the option key to select a working volume, they should show as options.

2. Try pressing and holding down the command + R keys, run Disk Utility > First Aid or any Repairs and/or Select Startup Disk and choose any valid volume if offered a choice.

PS: What were you doing or attempting to do when this all happened, and I gather it just suddenly started.

- Patrick
======

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, sorry, I’m typing on my phone between meetings. I have a mid 2012 MacBook Pro retina, and I’m running the most recent operating system. I just don’t remember the name, but I update whenever there’s one available. I was doing a little bit of work last night and when I was done, I put my computer to sleep. This morning when I went to wake it up, I started getting this error. Nothing else happened, that I can think of.

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
It gives me the error “macOS could not be installed in your computer. An error occurred while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.“

Glad it solved. This happened to my wife's Macbook Pro. It was a while ago, but I believe the problem was related to File Vault.

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
Solved. I reinstalled the OS in recovery mode (without erasing the drive).

Good to hear and it sounds like Apple's Software Update might be a bit screwed up if it's suggesting and providing an OS Update that's not even compatible with your OS version. Not good.

Be aware of future Updates and read any info very carefully, and also time to consider keeping a current backup maybe.

BTW: It seems like you're not alone according to a websearch on “macOS could not be installed in your computer "
https://www.google.com/search?clien...nstalled+in+your+computer+"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

- Patrick
======

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be aware of future Updates and read any info very carefully, and also time to consider keeping a current backup maybe.
Definitely. I can't tell you how relieved I was to have a Time Machine backup on my desk!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts