Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am Frederik.

Some days ago, I started up my macbook pro, with snow leopard on it. During startup, I realised, I wanted to start my windows section. I was in a bit of a hurry, so I did something bad, I just pressed the power button during startup. And now, every time I try to start up my mac, it works fine untill the apple logo disappears, than it goes to a blue screen like it normally would, but it than stays there, occasionally blinking a lighter blue screen, and sometimes showing a little loading icon (the little circle of stripes that youtube uses when loading.) The windows part still works fine.

I have tried booting in safe mode. When I do this, it shows me a loading bar when the apple logo is shown, but it still gives me the same problem.

I have my mac disc at home, and I am in my students house at the moment, so to boot from a disc, I would need to find an apple store nearby, or someone else who has a mac.

I also tried showing detailed information during startup, but the text is too small for me to read, I'm visually impaired.

I hope someone can help me.
thx in advance.

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
Have you tried using the Booting with the option key depressed from a cold boot and then select the boot drive you want.

If that works, then check your Syst Prefs 'startup drive' settings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I boot from another drive? I know the shortcut for booting from a cd is c, but for other drives, idk.

although I don't think that's the problem, because I never changed this setting.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hold the "option" key during boot up.isalowsyou to select a boot drive.

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
Then try selecting the Mac volume and see if it boots at least somewhat normally, and if so, check your System Prefs settings and see if things improve with your next "normal" boot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just can't get it to boot. It boots untill the blue screen, which is normal, but from that blue screen, it normally goes to the login screen, and now it just starts blinking light blue and darker blue.

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
It seems that your MB is quite non-operational and you need some software and hardware tools and help for any diagnosis or recovery.

Does anyone you know around your 'students house' have an appropriate Mac OS install disk or a cloned bootable drive or even a similar MB or MBP using Firewire Target Disk Mode you could try as a minimum?

I gather you don't have a bootable cloned backup drive, and if not I won't rub salt into your problem wound if you don't.

Without any of these available, get the MBP to a good Apple Mac tech as I don't know of any other alternatives for your problem.

At this point it could be a software or a hardware problem and some proper diagnostics and problem solving needs to be done.

And I don't think you'll get any other further help or suggestions from this list for your existing MBP problem.

And you're now 2 1/2 weeks without the problem solved. Hmmm... You need some expert Mac help considering what you have posted so far and what little fixit resources you have available to you to fix the problem.

Edit: Maybe some of the list's Mac techs may have alternate suggestions???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.