Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.

Not sure whats' gong on.. I thought it was the battery that was dead, but when i had the charger plugged in I can see that power light on for the charger but nothing happens when I press the power button except 1 thing;

when charging there's an orange light on the charger
when I press on the power button it will go to green

Or vis versa

So what do I do? My macbook pro is not turning on...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FIXED!

I plugged the charger into my MacBook Pro, took out the battery and held the power button for 10seconds and it went on ... no idea what could of caused this to happen though :(

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
You reset the SMC to resolve the problem. It happens; no need to worry unless it happens constantly, which would suggest hardware failure. It can also happen if you run the battery down to 0% before you plug it in. (Never do that.)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You reset the SMC to resolve the problem. It happens; no need to worry unless it happens constantly, which would suggest hardware failure. It can also happen if you run the battery down to 0% before you plug it in. (Never do that.)
Hey Lars.

Thanks for the info mate! As for my battery, it's for sure in need for an upgrade! It's totally useless (proof is in the below)... and yes I know, I will change the battery - I think I'll get a new battery for xmas... I think the battery is almost 200$ no?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.