Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, using the latest MBP and connecting my ipod headphones. I am finding that the quality on the headphones is not the best especially when I turn down the volume I get a small amount of hissing and/or static. Has anyone else have this issue? Can anyone make any suggestions?

Thanks,
B

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Could it be the head phones? Try another head phone and see if the same thing happens. I can't imagine it being the jack... but one never knows.
Why can't you imagine it being the jack? It may well be the headphones, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if there's poor shielding around the headphone jack. I don't have a MBP, but I have experienced interference on a few other laptops in my past. Mostly just an issue of poor engineering and cramming a lot of stuff into a small space.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just as long as you don't start seeing red lights flickering from the output port - that's a left I/O board replacement when it happened to me.

You'll notice audio cutting out and you lose control over your volume settings if/when this happens. Basically, the computer things your connecting optical devices to it and sends optical signals instead of analog.

But this may be a completely unrelated situation.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hi, using the latest MBP and connecting my ipod headphones. I am finding that the quality on the headphones is not the best especially when I turn down the volume I get a small amount of hissing and/or static. Has anyone else have this issue? Can anyone make any suggestions?

Thanks,
B
I have exactly the same issue with my Black MB. Just poor quality audio, to go with the low bitrate music that most have on their computers?

My trusty old 12" PB sound is clean. One more reason to love the old G4 PB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts