Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10" iPad Pro with the latest updates, I have a 2017 13" MacBook Pro running Mojave. I noticed an issue with trying to stream my local church. The iPad Pro registers 300+ mb down when using speediest.net When I go to speediest on my MacBook Pro I am getting if I am lucky 7mb down. Both are sitting side by side in the same room so on the same network. I have rebooted numerous times with no changes. Why would one device be so different then the other? This baffles me and I have no idea why or how they could be getting such different results. Anyone have an idea?

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind, I had my iPhone plugged in to charge and the MacBook Pro was using the phone for data, despite it showing it being on wifi on my network. When I unplugged my phone speeds went up to 300+ as it should be.

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
This baffles me and I have no idea why or how they could be getting such different results. Anyone have an idea?
I'm glad you got the problem sorted out, but I was going to suggest you check your Wi-Fi speeds if you have an optional choice, and most newer modems have an option and can supply both 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz, and the Macs need to be set up to use the best speed setting, the fastest speed may not be the best or the fastest actually depending on various conditions.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the tower Airport and never issues on wifi, always have really fast speeds. This was throwing me off because it did not indicate it was using data from my iPhone. It was connected to wifi but somehow using data from LTE on my phone. I only noticed this when I looked at my phone and it had the blue marking in the top left that indicates when it is being used as a hotspot. This really is bad implementation from Apple, but sadly it is no longer surprising to come up with these little issues on Apple devices. Think Different indeed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts