Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to update iTunes 12.2 on my daughter's MacBook Pro (2012) in the App Store. It's about 1 GB. It just keeps sitting there, not downloading, still "calculating". It seems stuck.
Any advice?
The OS is still Sierra, too. Can't seem to update the OS.
Oh, and she's eaten up the battery, more than 1500 cycles! What is she doing? My Air (2015) only has 220 cycles. Guess I might need a wholesale battery place.
Replies here have always been helpful, thanks.
~Michael.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmm. Worked by going to Safe Mode. Thanks to the online experts. Google's a gem, huh?
Still don't understand why I can't update from Sierra, though. And how my daughter managed to chew up 1500+ cycles.
~M.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
My 2015 MBP 15" Retina had racked up 1,021 cycles by the time it was two years 11 months old. That is because I use it about 6 to 8 hours a day and as the battery aged, it had to be charged twice daily so in its final year it would be over 800 cycles alone. Apple replaced my battery under Apple care just three weeks before it expired. It does not surprise me that a machine three years older than mine has that many cycles. I consider that normal on a heavily used laptop.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's helpful, thanks. I guess she's going to have to budget for another battery in the near future. The warning note showing up under System tab ("replace battery soon").

1 - 4 of 4 Posts