Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I've been using pc's for more than 20 years, so shock suprise i am thinking of buying a Mac! (been using one as a contractor, and have been loving it :)

Anyway, budgets tight and i dont know whether to go pro or not?

I'll be using it for vid editing, photographs, flash etc (yer.. i'm a flash developer)... anyway, i just dont think i can affort the pro. If i upted the memory on the macbook, will it still work ok with final cut/dvd studio etc, or will be it massively underpowered and me dissapointed?? :mad:

Many thanks in advance

-Craig

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops

think i managed to submit the same message twice
SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU USE A PC! :clap:

Oh.. could someone delete this one... ta:D

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
If you're doing heavy video or graphics processing, go with the MBP. It's all to do with the graphics card.

MBP: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

MB: Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
If you're doing heavy video or graphics processing, go with the MBP. It's all to do with the graphics card.

MBP: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

MB: Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory
I concur. If you're going to be doing video, it's strongly recommended you use a Mac with a dedicated graphics department.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Final Cut Pro is not supported on the MacBook - if you're planning on using it, the MacBook is simply not an option.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I bought both!! haha! Cant wait. One for me one for the wife. Just sold the 1st revision mac book and my beloved 24" Imac - I just couldnt justify keeping the imac when the new macbook pros are more powerful and portable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts