Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hacker
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is a used Late 2007 MacBook I purchased second-hand a year or so ago. I'm only selling because I've barely used it with the recent lack of mobile projects.

Full disclosure: The unit has some cosmetic issues and has three operational issues. It has the common cracks near the magnetic latches, quite a bit of wear on the keyboard and trackpad and some very small keyboard marks on the LCD; in addition to some scratches on the lid and body.

Battery was working fine recently but one day it just quit; no longer holds any charge. It was probably due with almost 1000 cycles. FireWire port does not work. The outer sheathing on the rather cheap aftermarket AC adapter is coming off near the AC Adapter.

Apart from the cosmetic and functional issues listed above, the laptop works just fine and has been in constant use with no other issues. Screen is nice and vibrant.

Specs:

2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
Mac OS X Lion (will include the original disc and package)
3GB 667mhz DDR2 SDRAM
80GB Fujitsu hard drive
13" glossy display and Intel X3100 integrated graphics
802.11n Wireless
Bluetooth
Combo Drive

Accessories:

Aftermarket MagSafe Power Adapter
Dynex Mini DVI to VGA adapter
Apple Remote

Price: Make an offer! Will get back to you ASAP.

Will ship using the carrier of your choice and will gladly accept PayPal or cheque.

Please do ask any and all questions and request additional pictures as I'd be more than happy to provide them.

Thanks!

I've enhanced some of the images to clearly show the cosmetic issues.

Photos: ImageShack Album - 10 images

·
Hacker
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, problem is, I don't know exactly how much a MacBook with these issues is worth (due to lack of similar comparables) so I would certainly appreciate your input and can then post an approximate price. :cool:

I'm not looking for too much, if that helps.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
assuming the buyer would need to buy their own battery (159) and adapter (79 for a total of ~$240) i wouldn't pay more than $125 or so

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
Since I would expect about a half battery on a used machine, and would buy an aftermarket adapter, I'm thinking a little over $200.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts