Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on the forums and came up with this

http://www.ehmac.ca/mac-ipod-help-troubleshooting/47019-i-cant-eject-cursed-dvd.html

But I don't think this is totally related to what I'm experiencing... Basically here is what's going on. I installed a new HD and reinstalled 10.4, now I can only eject a cd by right clicking on the CD icon and selecting eject, the button on the keyboard doesn't respond at all.

I have maybe 5 months of apple care left, so I do I have to bring this to the store or is it a software bug?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
For any reason at all, did you remove the top case during the HD swap? (Not required if you swap a HD in a MacBook - not to be confused with a MacBook Pro.) If you hold down the eject key for 5 seconds or longer, does it make any difference? Later versions of 10.4 eliminated the instant eject response and now makes you hold down the eject key for a few seconds before it responds.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow I feel stupid!

Yeah that was it, I was just tapping the key expecting it to work like it had before, holding it down for a few seconds made it work. It just seems odd that they wouldn't tell anybody after doing that change. It make sense, but still I thought there would at least be some patching notes that would pop up on the screen after that update.

Thanks for your help!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Very minor and insignificant updates like the one in question is never usually obviously noted with Mac OS X upgrades. Glad I could help. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts