Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My wife is tiring of her ancient Macbook Pro and wants to upgrade. She's currently looking at this one: Apple MacBook Air 13.3" w/ Touch ID (Fall 2020) - Space Grey (Apple M1 Chip / 512GB SSD / 8GB RAM).

She is a light user of Word/ Excel, web and Photos.

I've read mixed reviews of these machines.

Any personal experience/ opinions out there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey all,

My wife is tiring of her ancient Macbook Pro and wants to upgrade. She's currently looking at this one: Apple MacBook Air 13.3" w/ Touch ID (Fall 2020) - Space Grey (Apple M1 Chip / 512GB SSD / 8GB RAM).

Thanks!
Bueller?

·
Administrator
231 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks!
I don’t have any personal experience with these machines, but have been looking at reviews. The reviews seem to be pretty good. Since she is a light user, has she considered an iPad Pro w/ keyboard. I’ve read some good reviews that this is a good alternative to the Air for average users. I’ve been looking at both products for my kid, who will need it for school soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t have any personal experience with these machines, but have been looking at reviews. The reviews seem to be pretty good. Since she is a light user, has she considered an iPad Pro w/ keyboard. I’ve read some good reviews that this is a good alternative to the Air for average users. I’ve been looking at both products for my kid, who will need it for school soon.
I think the fiddling with moving parts (additional keyboard) is something that doesn't interest her. She ended up buying a refurb. We've bought many over the years and it was a better deal than the educational discount. It arrives tomorrow!

·
Administrator
231 Posts
I think the fiddling with moving parts (additional keyboard) is something that doesn't interest her. She ended up buying a refurb. We've bought many over the years and it was a better deal than the educational discount. It arrives tomorrow!

That’s great she was able to get this good deal. Let us know how she likes it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had a MacBook Air for over a decade. My old one recently expired with a pop noise so, I got a new one with M1 2020, 8GB..
I like it better than the MacBook Pro we have and use is more. We are not "heavey" users so it is great for us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts