Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any links or advice for a bag, sleeve and keyboard and palm protection for a new MacBook? I have an older bag which my 15" PB fit into, but I'm afraid that would be too loose of fit.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a STM Small Alley, and I love it. One of the pockets ripped on the first one I got, but I sent them an email and they sent a new one. It is nice and small, but can fit a lot of stuff if you need to. I ordered mine from apple.ca

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have the Marware Sportfolio Sleeve in my cart right now, along with the Track Pad Film. I can't decide on the Sportfolio Sleeve or the Case. I am also wondering if the video adapter is included with the MacBooks. I have a digital video projector that is both vga, composite and s-video. Does the MacBook work with all that right out of the box?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just checked out the STM Small Alley. I like the size, but I read that the compartment for the MacBook is too big, not keeping it enclosed securely. Is that the case?

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Have the Marware Sportfolio Sleeve in my cart right now, along with the Track Pad Film. I can't decide on the Sportfolio Sleeve or the Case. I am also wondering if the video adapter is included with the MacBooks. I have a digital video projector that is both vga, composite and s-video. Does the MacBook work with all that right out of the box?
The MacBook does not come with any video adapters.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ended up ordering the STM Small Alley along with the iSkin for the keyboard. Mixed reviews on that. Looks like there are 3 adapters for the MacBook- the mini dvi to video/dvi/vga. Might get those later. I'd like to get maybe the Marware Protection kit, but not sure if staining is an issue anymore.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i've got the stm small alley as well. great bag. i've also got the incase neoprene sleeve, which i use together with the stm for extra protection.

g/f bought me the marware protection kit for my bday...i returned it. i've heard too many people having problems with it peeling off.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
However- I ordered the white 2.16 Ghz with the 120 gig drive. I'm looking forward to getting it. Delivery date is sometime around May 20-24. Mixedup- I read at the item's page at the Apple Store of users complaining that the color in the Incase neoprene sleeves was coming off on their white MacBooks. Not your experience?

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
However- I ordered the white 2.16 Ghz with the 120 gig drive. I'm looking forward to getting it. Delivery date is sometime around May 20-24. Mixedup- I read at the item's page at the Apple Store of users complaining that the color in the Incase neoprene sleeves was coming off on their white MacBooks. Not your experience?
I haven't heard of this issue before. In fact, last time I checked, the Incase sleeves were been our strongest selling sleeve, outselling Booq, Crumpler etc.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've only seen these comments on the Apple Store site with the burgundy sleeves. Don't seem to be an issue with the black. I added the black sleeve to my Apple purchase last night. I would have liked a different color, especially with the carbon STM Small Alley, but that's okay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.