1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*New Price/Configuration! MacBook 13", 2.4ghz aluminium, 2GB Ram

$990
Excellent condition.
10 months old (bought from Apple Store Fairview Jan/09) - 2 months Apple warranty still left on it. Can give a good deal to add Apple Care to it, too ($200 extra).
2 GIG RAM
160 HD
Backlit Keyboard
Built-in iSight camera
Snow Leopard

Just received a new macbook pro

pick up only
cash only
SOLD $950 ON CL.

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Didn't these have a 250GB hard drive? Did you downgrade it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't these have a 250GB hard drive? Did you downgrade it?
yep, put the 160 from my new macbook pro in it and the 500gb from this one (I upgraded that) in my new macbook pro. So it has a brand new drive, never used.

·
Registered
286 Posts
yep, put the 160 from my new macbook pro in it and the 500gb from this one (I upgraded that) in my new macbook pro. So it has a brand new drive, never used.
You should include this in your original post because it implies the warranty is no longer valid on the HDD.

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
It's not the drive that came with the machine - the serial numbers, etc. are recorded with the machine info at Applecare. You may have buggered the warranties on both machines, at least as far as the HD is concerned, especially if you did the work yourself.

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
It's not the drive that came with the machine - the serial numbers, etc. are recorded with the machine info at Applecare. You may have buggered the warranties on both machines, at least as far as the HD is concerned, especially if you did the work yourself.
There is no question that the hard drive is a user replaceable part on these computers. The replacement hard drive won't be covered but the rest will be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts