Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had a chance to check out the Macally Noise Reduction headphones?
If so, can you offer some insight to the sound quality delivered from them, as I would be using them for video production audio.

ThanX

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have not heard about them. I use a Parrott headset with an iMic for iListen and it works great. The Labtech one my son (he uses it at work with a PC) does NOT work with iListen, neither does the Andrea one a friend has ( comes with ViaVoice) :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Had a chance to try them at the show in Barrie - nothing short of amazing! Although my "demo" was brief, it was pointed out to me the noise filtering can be adjusted to suit ambient frequencies.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mississauga

was the sound quality on them good?
Was it music or spoken word you listen to?

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
MacDaddy,

The demo occurred during a Mac show in an exhibitor's area. It's difficult to describe or ascertain what effects this product might have on music, but a lot of "intrusive" sound was removed from the immediate area I was in. The person conducting the demo assured me this product would be perfect for listening to music while filtering out other ambient sounds. Normal conversation was still very crisp and clear. There were a couple of inkjet printers in the vicinity whose noises were almost completely eliminated.

I would recommend considering a purchase through a retailer in the hopes that should the headphones not perform to your expectations, returning is an option.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I have a set of these headhones and all I can say is AMAZING

When the Noise Reduction is on (You can still run the phones without batteries and Noise Reduction) the overall sound of my music has increased, even on mp3's, the bass is amazing and the high's are crisp and clear.
I would recommend picking up a set of these if you at all interested in good sound!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts