Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Sure, they are in the US, but I love the products"

?????

Don't mean to sound crass here RTC....but where do you think that Apple computers come from? I know it says "Taiwan" on the back....but they are pretty much all designed in the USA.

And several of those designers come from Canada. Just like at Boeing, North American Rockwell, Northrup, Dell and Macally...among others (LOTS of others)

We are ALL North Americans, right? And virtually ALL of our ancestors came from somewhere else originally. Why is it so vital to make a giant distiction between ourselves and the people who live on the southern half of this continent...especially when we are all pretty much working towards the same ends? And especially when a lot of THEM are actually US....just working in a different place?

Sounds a bit like a mild form of unreasonable, and unfounded, racism to me.

Know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I think he means that they are more heavily distributed in the states, and their products are easier to buy on the web in US$, and that he'd rather find a canadian distributor so he can support our economy instead of theirs. That ain;t racism, that is something I encourage all canadians I know to do, shop in Canada that is.

That said, MacAlly is getting better with their distributions in Canada. London Drugs just started carrying some of their mice, so that gives them a crap load of exposure in the west. He is right though, you dont normally find them on the shelf of a major retailer like Future Shop, you have to go to some of the smaller places like Simply Computing or West World or somewhere else that specifically sells Mac stuff. Hopefully this will change as they make some pretty cool stuff. I will be picking up an Optical Mini Mouse at some poit soon, and one of theirs is at the top of my list (along with a Logitech, a MS and a Targus).

--PB

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Why is it so vital to make a giant distiction between ourselves and the people who live on the southern half of this continent... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want a list? Take this topic to the Kitchen and I will GLADLY give you an earful/screenful...take your pick. Let's just say the word "moron" does come to mind when thinking of many of them.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
so back to the regularly scheduled post...
I might be taking a look at these headphones as these sound like they might have based it on the Sony MDR-NC20 model. An awesome one that was discontinued, but are still hella hot gems. Good ones are hard to come by (fit + sound). Had a set of Pana years back, busted, and have not found anything comparable since.

What is up with that 1st mouse? Water filled? Hmmm... At least it's nice that it matched the ice books and does not match the $99 CDN price that Apple wants. The pads look worth it as well...

over and out.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RicktheChemist:

Sure, they are in the US, but I love the products..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They sell MacAlly stuff at B.Mac. I'm sure I saw them in other stores too.

·
Registered
719 Posts
You know what I noticed most about all those kewl new gadgets?

The "coming soon" notation.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
MacAlly has a big presence in Canada. They actively promote their products to resellers in Canada and are fully loaded at distributors in Canada.

Interested in the noise "reducing" headphones and how they would compare to the Bose noise cancelling headphones. Those are absolutely amazing. You can't explain what they sound like. If you fly a lot, you have to get these headphones.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ehMax:
MacAlly has a big presence in Canada. They actively promote their products to resellers in Canada and are fully loaded at distributors in Canada.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Their presence has been somewhat limited to Mac Only resellers though, it has only been recently that they have been branching out into larger chains like LD and probably FS.

I do not believe that RtC has a MacAlly reseller to buy from, at least not yet.

--PB

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Thats a sweet keyboard, but I do not understand the H20 Mouse, is the water actually DOING somehting?

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RicktheChemist:
I don't want a traditional reseller with revolving doors. I want to be able to order Macally products online and have them shipped to my door in Cdn$ not USD. That's all that I ask for.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MostlyMac carries MacAlly stuff and will ship to you. I've purchased from them before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts