Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,031 Posts
Good tech, few need the Ultra, The Cube reborn, several clients expressed interest and pricing ..long wait for the big gun, too bad the screen is limp wristed. Overpriced and underwhelming. If it was 1,000 nits ...maybe.

Reactions: Reboot

·
Premium Member
31,031 Posts
It barely cracks HDR10 and not much beyond the 500 nits of the now 8 year old iMac 5k screens. The big Apple display is the real McCoy for HDR work at a 1,000 nits continous.
At $1490 the new studio screen is just competitive..not at $2k.
I'd go with the LG5k Ultrafine over the new Apple ...and both suck on the warranty front.

The new 14" and 16" screens on the laptops are dazzling at 1,000 nits and might be enough to move me past Mojave on my 2019 13".
Apple could have done better on the Studio Display.
Better displays are out there for less....there are lots coming too as new tech kicks in.

·
Premium Member
5,546 Posts
It barely cracks HDR10 and not much beyond the 500 nits of the now 8 year old iMac 5k screens. The big Apple display is the real McCoy for HDR work at a 1,000 nits continous.
At $1490 the new studio screen is just competitive..not at $2k.
I'd go with the LG5k Ultrafine over the new Apple ...and both suck on the warranty front.

The new 14" and 16" screens on the laptops are dazzling at 1,000 nits and might be enough to move me past Mojave on my 2019 13".
Apple could have done better on the Studio Display.
Better displays are out there for less....there are lots coming too as new tech kicks in.
Heya, MacDoc! Long time. Your advice is still impressively on point! Cheers.

Good to see we still have veterans here. 😆👌

1 - 6 of 6 Posts