Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sienfeld always had a mac in the back of his Apt... Not sure if he knew how to use it... {not that there's anything wrong with that...}

Jeff Goldbloom save the earth from Aliens with a Powerbook {I think, it was a mac though} ....

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yeah the set staff for 24 are Apple thumpers man.They are everywhere.

If you rent ID on DVD the Apple ad for the Powerbook is on it.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
there is a commercial but I can't remember for what but it has an old performa 580 cd or LC 575 style Mac sitting on the kitchen counter in the background...WOW thats computing power...maybe a recipe computer now
and why on some shows do you see macs and the stinkin apple logos are covered up? why do they do that? I was watching another show (black guy with bald head...family something) and the boy has a flat panel Imac in his room...and yes Drew Carrey rocks with Mac's on his show!

·
Registered
510 Posts
If anyone watches MI-5 on A&E (Tuesday at 9.PM) you'll notice the whole MI-5 system is on Mac's.... can you spell security?.... nice placement!

Actually I've noticed more Mac's on UK productions than shows produced here...

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
As well there are a lot of movies with macs in them lately...I remember when I met my wife I flew three thousand miles to meet her...when I got there we went and saw "what woman want" with good old Mel Gibson (her fav!) and being that we love Jazz, Macs and Mel (well not me with the Mel thing!) but it was so cool...Macs and Frank Sinatra throughout the whole movie! was cool..

·
Registered
691 Posts
imactheknife,
Even thought everybody knows its a damn Mac they probably don't have to pay for it.There is a video with some teenage chick playing on MuchMusic these days,she is using a tibook with a circle on the back instead of the Apple. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Logo placement cost money... Plain and simple...

I point out Mac placements so much that my wife counts the seconds until I say Mac {or the model name}...

She say I'm slipping if she can count to 3...

·
Premium Member
5,412 Posts
On the Sum 41 video, cant remember the name, but its the one where they make fun of The Strokes, The Hives, etc, the intro there is a Power Book, but with a sticker covering the Apple Logo again.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Brenda on Six Feet Under writes on a nice powerbook with apple logo nicely lit up.

and the cartoon "Undergrads" displays a macOS9-like interface for some sequences (and the main character has what looks like an emac in his room)

hehe, i've only had an ibook for a week and i'm already an evangelising freak :D :confused:

·
Registered
227 Posts
my wife and kids sports a fp imac in their sons room. freaky friday (i have kids) has powerbooks and imacs all over the place. grace's apartment (will and grace) has a mirrored door powermac. spy kids 3-d used macs to power their secret agent base. bringing down the house, steve martin owns a powerbook. austin powers gold member, they watch afv on their powerbook. friends, chandler has a fp imac in his office, ross has a powerbook (labled covered) that makes an appearance now and again. csi miami, can't see the machine but they show a 23" apple lcd display....i watch too much tv.

·
Registered
171 Posts
24 is my favorite show and I think it's so cool that they use all the Macs that they do.

50 cent uses an iPod in his video, and if you watch the Osbournes, Kelly has an iBook. I point out Macs every single time I see one. I do it so much that my sister, who is anti-Mac, now tells me when she sees them! hehe

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yup, mac are used by both Nits and Gimpy on Undergrads.

In the Fido commercial where that group of people are following around that guy, we see two. One, a clamshell iBook on the table in his bedroom, and he is later using some mac attached to a cinema display.

On of the commercials on Spike TV is just a powerbook sporting a Spike TV sticker in various places, with the last image showing it basically right beside the Apple logo, all in clear view.

On Sex in the City, Carrie uses an old powerbook (wallstreet?).

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I see them everywhere, maybe everyone can name some, but I was surprised to see a commercial tonight.

It was for Acura MDX

At the very beginning the guy is day dreaming in his home/office and if you look to the right you will see TWO G4 Towers - mirrored doors.

It's quick....... but it is there.

·
Registered
359 Posts
On the Drew Cary show sometime they hav FP imacs on their desks and other times they have cubes. Different seasons I guess.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That horrible new Sitcom starring John Laroquette has a flat panel iMac on the desk in the Living room

His TV wife {whatzhername} uses it to look up eligible patients to date their daughter....

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
They used an iBook as a prop in a Zellers flyer during back to school time. I think they also have iBooks in the Ikea catalogue.

·
Registered
141 Posts
For the last two (three?) seasons of The West Wing, CJ Cregg (the Preisdent's Press Secretary) has used a TiBook.
This season, however, there's a giant white sticker over the Apple logo, :( (though it's still cleary a TiBook.)

Also, Sarah Jessica Parker's character on Sex And the City, is also an avid Mac user. (They even did an entire episode on it, working in a reference to 'Unsmiley face' errors)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts