Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a site or anything that will tell me the current resale value for my iBook? i'm thinking of upgrading sometime within the year and would like to know how much i can sell this bad boy for.

Thanks!

Phil

·
Registered
359 Posts
You're at the best site now. The members are always more then willing to give their opinion.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
You're at the best site now. The members are always more then willing to give their opinion.
This doesn't always turn out friendly, but it usually does. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
www.everymac.com (for Mac resale values)
This site is useful for many things, but their resale values are out of date. The best guides are the ones suggested above, especially eBay.

When checking values on eBay, remember to factor in shipping costs, US Dollar exchange, GST collected by Canada Customs and brokerage fees (a major ripoff).

Another source of up to date prices is your local UseNet buy-and-sell groups.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I still think ;Buy and Sell; forums are the best place to look for pricing. I wouldn't rely on eBay too much; some prices go sky high for more than they're worth at times.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
I still think ;Buy and Sell; forums are the best place to look for pricing. I wouldn't rely on eBay too much; some prices go sky high for more than they're worth at times.
The "value" of something is just what someone is willing to pay for it. To arrive at a realistic value for a particular piece of computer equipment, you need to collect all the information you can from as many sources as possible. As a "fallback" position, what can you get it for at a local retail dealer? Are similar items selling on eBay, and what are the final prices in Canada? In the US? Are similar items selling on buy-and-sell, and if so, for what price? And, of course, don't forget ehMac!

In other words, put a little work into it and don't grab the first deal you see. You'll save enough to buy some extras!

Cheers :-> Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts