Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are now just about one year into the life of paid .mac accounts. Has any one had requests from .mac asking for another $99.95 USD for 2003/04? I looked up my invoice from last year and its dated Aug 30/02. As I remember there was a grace period for those who signed up early as well as the $50.00 discount. Mr Mayor can you ,with your contacts, get some REAL scoop as to how renewals will be handled?

I cannot understand why we have not had "gentle reminders" from .mac about the fact that our accounts are going to expire in the days ahead. There are many .mac users that may indeed be cash strapped if Apple waits until Aug 23 to say you have one week to go. One of the major reasons for my purchasing my .mac account was the fact that my name was available and having lost my former net address because of an ISP demise I liked the idea of never having to go through that process again.

Any factual input would be appreciated.....no speculation please ....i can see enough devils in the shadows by myself http://www.ehmac.ca/ubb/icons/icon9.gif

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
They also have automatic renewal via the credit card you paid with before, and that's actually the default, so better get it cancelled now if you don't want to renew.

I do want to renew, so I'm just letting it go through, but I imagine there will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth from some people when they are automatically Steve-d.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Done that cuba and changed my credit card info etc etc
when I left it said I had not provided my telephone number so i said what the heck and provided it When I then left it came up with a dialog box that said my credit card would be debited in Canadian dollars as I was now in Canada ..... I can only assume that the .mac account which by the way is Oct 9th 2003 will be debited for the Canadian equivalent of $99.95 USD without any surcharges that the Canadian banks seem to want to tack on to USD purchases . At any rate I was able to switch credit cards from a year ago and all in all I thank you for the info. Evidently I will be notified Sept 9 that they will renew my .mac account on Oct 3 ........I have set pando calendar to check the exchange rate on that date .......paranoid..... no but one has to be carefull LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.