Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Does anyone know of a text editor for Mac OS X[1] that's good for editing source code and that supports different values for indent depth and tab width. BBEdit is great, but it assumes that indent depth and tab width are equal.

Any pointers?

[1] i.e., I want an Aqua interface.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
If I were you, I'd head over to MacUpdate.com and search for "text editors." There will be a ton of options just by that search - most, if not all, for Mac OS X. There are some really, really good text editors out there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You could try turning towards unix for this.... nano is a great beginner text editor, vi/vim and emacs are advanced text editors.

I know you can install them using fink, although I'm sure there's an easier way.... but I wouldn't know, I only got my first mac yesterday ;)

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
jfpoole - I know theres a different version of XEmacs available through fink, but I'm not sure whether it will suit your needs or not as I don't have a clue how to use emacs.

You may want to look at some of the apps available at VersionTracker under the Word Processing area, may help some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.