Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmph!

Just dropped over to .Mac to check my webmail, and discovered a new contest Apple is running. S/He who has the best HomePage (in three categories) wins an iPod, free 1-gig .Mac webspace, etc.

But go down, down, to the fine print on the contest page... only U.S. residents eligible.

:mad:

M

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RicktheChemist:
Well, most competition that are open for Canada have the fine print no valid in Quebec. It depends on the market you are aiming for, and well, they might have a contest for Canadian .Macs sometime.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't have the contest for anywhere else in the world either, so don't feel bad.

Most contests have the "not valid in Quebec" thing because Quebec wants a cut of the prizes and loads of paperwork - it's easier just to not offer it.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
It's just laziness, but it is pretty common. All you need to do to make a contest legal in most of Canada is apply a skill test (otherwise, it's an illegal lottery). I think web design qualifies, but in case it doesn't, I'm willing to offer Apple a cut and paste solution:
Add 5 + 25
Divide by 6
Multiply by 9
Do it in 2 minutes over the phone.
Post the winner's names.

Quebec requires registration, has specific requirements, and I believe charges a fee. Nobody wants to jump through that many hoops.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Interestingly, the promotion is not available to all US residents; those who reside in 3 states are also ineligible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts