Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
O_O That's long... but wow, someone sure wanted their Mac desperatly. And, the Fed Ex scene was very good.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
That was awesome! The night-vision scene was cool. The FedEx bit was great and the opening of the box reminded me of when I opened my very first Mac...a 500MHz Pismo...I was so freakin' excited.

The flick was a bit long, but I think it was quite good. He just needs to get a tripod...I felt ill at some points cuz of the camera jiggle.
Other than that...it was awesome.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Is this a future Spielberg we're seeing, or another of the many enabled Mac Users that have experienced their creative independence day since switching?

Thinking different, embodied.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow. Sometimes I am amazed at how quickly things spread on the internet.

I first found this movie through a link at the MacNN forums, and saved a copy of it to my hard drive. I also posted a thread about it over at the AppleInsider forums (I am a moderator there). The movie was pulled from Petie's site, and we assumed it was for privacy reasons, or he was tired of the publicity.

I stuck it on my iDisk and gave the link to 3 AI members who hadn't seen it. I didn't think I should make that link public, since he had just yanked it down.

Anyway, I wake up today to a couple of dozen emails, including one from someone at Apple, and I see that the page has 400 hits. I was more than a little surprised. I had a shower, made some coffee, went back to my computer, and saw that there were now about 550 hits. Must be linked somewhere!

This is the first place I found, then I saw a link to MacsRock on MacSurfer.com. Wow. I'm up to almost 900 hits on the page!

I added Petie's name to my AIM buddy list and actually got to chat with him this morning. He thinks this is all very cool, and I forwarded all the emails to him. Unfortunately, I'm stuck on my PC at work until lunch time, so I can't even edit the page to include his real name and email address. I will be able to do so in a couple of hours though.

Interesting morning, to say the least.

·
Registered
693 Posts
All I can say is Yup. I can relate. That cardboard poster of the pro mouse and Power Mac G4 still graces my door. :D

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
In case you are wondering about all the traffic on your site...there are links from a few other sites...including MacSurfer.com.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts