Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
[problem seems solved by a Force Quit]

I did "something" ...closed a window and now there is nothing when I open the Mail. It has the Mail upper menu going across the screen as normal but there is not usual window with the emails in it.

I can click on Message Viewer under the Window drop down menu but when I click to open an email, a pop up comes up but is blank. When I close the pop up, the whole window closes and I'm back looking at my desktop with the Mail menu just along the top. I can also create an email but once it's sent, I'm back to my desktop.

I at least received the email I sent as a test but the reply didn't come in and it hasn't got any updates since I did this 'thing' to it a week ago.

What's wrong? Any ideas? ....oh yeah, and if I click quit, it doesn't. It sits in the dock with the active arrow under it. It I try the control keys for quit it beeps at me. Under the mail drop down menu, Quit is ghosted.

Thanks!
Deanna

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
What's wrong? Any ideas?
Not exactly a plethora of suggestions coming in, but I would suggest you shut down completely and then boot up using Safe Boot Mode. (to do so, press and keep holding down the shift key immediately when you hear the startup chime until you see the login window then login as admin username.)

Doing so will Purge a lot of surplus junk and may help fix the problem, then just Restart normally and see if things improve and work properly.

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi,
[problem seems solved by a Force Quit]

I did "something" ...closed a window and now there is nothing when I open the Mail. It has the Mail upper menu going across the screen as normal but there is not usual window with the emails in it.

I can click on Message Viewer under the Window drop down menu but when I click to open an email, a pop up comes up but is blank. When I close the pop up, the whole window closes and I'm back looking at my desktop with the Mail menu just along the top. I can also create an email but once it's sent, I'm back to my desktop.

I at least received the email I sent as a test but the reply didn't come in and it hasn't got any updates since I did this 'thing' to it a week ago.

What's wrong? Any ideas? ....oh yeah, and if I click quit, it doesn't. It sits in the dock with the active arrow under it. It I try the control keys for quit it beeps at me. Under the mail drop down menu, Quit is ghosted.

Thanks!
Deanna
If you haven’t got this sorted yet, if you go to the Menu bar in Mail under Window and drag down to Message Viewer your messages window will come back up. If you ever happen to close it again that’s how to get it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts