Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it. Any suggested routes to follow to fix that? Trying to help a friend in another country. MacBook AIr is all I know. Have tried restarting the laptop. Restarting wifi router. iPhone and iPad have no problems using same mail accounts.
Thanks.

Premium Member
iPhone and iPad have no problems using same mail accounts.

Are the email settings exactly the same on the Mac???

Does their e-mail work when using accessing their Webmail account using a browser???

Do they actually have e-mail messages available that they should be receiving???

I am assuming they have tried sending themselves an e-mail and then check to see if it ever is received. 馃槒

- Patrick
=======

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.Yes. Yes. Yes.

Everything has worked fine for over a year. Suddenly stopped receiving. WILL receive if user clicks on the "Get new mail" button.

Premium Member
Everything has worked fine for over a year. Suddenly stopped receiving. WILL receive if user clicks on the "Get new mail" button.
So a real question is, what setting changed to cause the change???

What is the email setting for automatically checking for new email set to??? Maybe try setting it to something different that should update its preferences, especially if it is somewhat corrupt.

And maybe try Googling on the phrase that you mentioned and see if there is a suggestion or solution that works:

- Patrick
=======

Super Moderator
Title says it. Any suggested routes to follow to fix that? Trying to help a friend in another country. MacBook AIr is all I know. Have tried restarting the laptop. Restarting wifi router. iPhone and iPad have no problems using same mail accounts.
Thanks.
What mail service is he using?

You could check activity in Mac Mail (Window -> Activity) which might hint at where it's getting stuck. You can also check the Connection Doctor (Under Window as well.)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I will have the laptop in my possession in a week or so and will try out your suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts