Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Two issues. MacMail version 4.5
1. I am having issues with attachments. They appear in my email window. However the receiver does receive them ONLY the email body. They do receive them on the iphone but not a BB.

I did a work around by zip compressing the file and that did work but want to avoid if possible. Files were under 4MB. Compressed it came in at 3.8MB

2. in the mail activity (lower left corner) I have notice sending and receiving messages when I'm not doing either.

Your insight greatly appreciated.
Cheers Edward

·
Premium Member
15,768 Posts
1. I'm not sure what "BB" refers to, but if it's a Bulletin Board type service, (do people still use them???), many and most block any attachments.

2. Check you Mail preferences, General tab, and the Check for new messages setting and it's probably set and doing what it's set to do. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Is the recipient's BlackBerry a personal device? Many corporate IT policies block attachments based on file type (.exe, .mp3, etc.) or by size. By zipping the file, you also changed the extension / filetype which may have allowed it to be received. Alternatively, the slight reduction in file size might have compressed it beyond a predetermined threshold at the recipient's end.

As for Mail activity, Mail is always doing things in the background: checking for new messages has the appearance of things being sent and received. Similar activity can be seen if you are using an IMAP server, as Mail is continually checking to see whether the local folders are in sync with the mail server.

If it bothers you, there's a little icon in the bottom left of the window that will hide the Activity. Like you, I find it distracting and have turned it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts