Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
i managed to sleep through that problem. woohoo!
no stress for me.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
;)
I'm lucky that people here were able to console my anxst or I would have had to glue even more of my hair back in after last night. . .

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
"..anxst..."? or did you mean ANGST?

Oh, woe is me... the shocking state of university educations these days...

Besides CC...I wouldn't have recognized you shambling about the streets of Victoria if you'd had any more than six green hairs on your weathered old head, like Yoda. Like I said before, it's like looking in a mirror. We could be twins.

Besides...it makes you look wise and distinguished beyond your years. :D

At least that's always been my story...and I'm stickin to it. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
If y'alll are Yoda, I guess that makes me Mace Windu, because as of tomorrow I will have little/no hair. Hand me my lightsabre, it's the one that says "Bad M*therf*cker" on it.

--PB

·
Registered
363 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PosterBoy:
Hand me my lightsabre, it's the one that says "Bad M*therf*cker" on it<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, but it's purple.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
So PB...have you decided to shear off your golden locks for some charitible cause or is it just an advanced case of alopecia?

Or perhaps your girlfriend simply prefers the skinhead look? :eek:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'd like to blame my misspelling of angst on my current illness but that's not as fun as making up abstract theories. First off, I think the X is much more mysterious and modern. Secondly, it goes well with OS X. Maybe I have OS X on the brain. . . :rolleyes:

In any case, don't even get me started about low standards at universities. I have a friend who spells worse than an illiterate grade schooler and he graduated with distinction! Now he is working as a letter writer and spell-checker for a minister in Alberta. (I'm biting my tongue. . .) :eek:

Besides, it's not really my spelling that's poor; it's just that I'm a lazy spell-checker and re-reader.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I didn't actually get it all cut off, I just got it cut real short. As to the skinhead look, well, no.

You got a problem with purple sniper? Maybe I can arrange for the Football team at Bishops University to have a chat with you about that. besides, what colour is more badass than purple?

--PB

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I always thought that black was the baddest color. I have a 1971 SS454 musclecar and it is all black (and VERY shiny) and people would always come up to me and say something like "...MAN that is just the baddest lookin machine!"

I've had a bunch of other cool cars but this one is the only black one....and it's the only one that people comment on in that particular way. :cool:

Course...I've never had a purple musclecar.... yet. ;)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
In my recollection purple is traditionally associated with . . . well . . . let me put it delicately (or indirectly): sexual ambiguity.

However, perhaps this works because the whole pose of manliness is permeated with over-compensation and forceful repression of equivocal feelings.

I dig purple. :D Then again I'm writing a graduating essay on the disintegration of gender boundaries.

Ouch heavy! I mean, Macs rule!
I would like a Mac that is purple and black.

·
Registered
363 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PosterBoy:
You got a problem with purple sniper?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i like purple, it's just not the color i would use to strike fear in the sith.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cynical Critic:
In my recollection purple is traditionally associated with . . . well . . . let me put it delicately (or indirectly): sexual ambiguity.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never really liked purple myself, but as I remember, traditionally purple is associated with royalty. Of course, maybe royalty and sexual ambiguity go together...

I think the badass colors are either black or red... hmmm, maybe black is badass and red is sexy...

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cynical Critic:

However, perhaps this works because the whole pose of manliness is permeated with over-compensation and forceful repression of equivocal feelings.

I dig purple. :D Then again I'm writing a graduating essay on the disintegration of gender boundaries.

Ouch heavy! I mean, Macs rule!
I would like a Mac that is purple and black.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are just subscribing to the more modern teletubbies interpretation on the useage of the colour. As mentioned, Purple has always been associated with royalty, at least on the british isles.

There are other badass colours mind you, black is definitly badass, but black doesn't work for a lightsabre.
Maybe if there was a shadowsabre, but there isn't. Red is pretty badass as well but there are two major drawbacks to red. One is that all of the sith use red lightsabres, and the other is that they tend to glow kind of pink which is a far more feminine colour if you ask me.

--PB

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I guess the Teletubbies have poisoned my mind.

I also have this distinct image of Oscar Wilde in a purple suit. But that might be my imagination or a confabulation.

Maybe you could have a multi-coloured lightsaber. Perhaps something like a candy cane or one of those rocket popsicles! Okay now that's getting into sexually ambiguous territory. . . ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts