Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the site. Can anyone tell me what a Mac G4 867 single processor with 1.5 GBRAM in it is worth. 75 GB hard drive with superdrive. It is in new condition.

thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Can anyone let me know how this machine would surf / iMovie
I dunno, depending what the waves are like on iMovie Beach... ;)

Yes of course this machine can surf the 'net quite successfully. It can take OS 10.3, 10.4, Firefox or Safari, etc.

It can also run iLife 05 at least, including iMovie HD, iDVD etc.

Now whether it comes with that OS and software would be a question for the OP.

OP: Check eBay.ca and search for closed autions to see what similar machines sold for. End of the day: it is worth what the market is willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My only experience with Macs was a c2d macbook , I have a feeling i might be disapointed.

I just want it to run Office X & Safari , load pages without blinking and dont lock up when im word processing...possible?

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
My only experience with Macs was a c2d macbook , I have a feeling i might be disapointed.

I just want it to run Office X & Safari , load pages without blinking and dont lock up when im word processing...possible?
As good overall as Office is, I have never had a Word version that was bulletproof, so caveat scriptor on that.

In terms of loading a web page without blinking... there are so many factors I can't even start. Your internet pipe, the local traffic, the content of the page, the traffic on the server, the performance of the browser software.

If you want pages that load without blinking, you may be disappointed even in a 8-core MacPro.

Certainly, I ditched Safari for Firefox. I couldn;t stand the way Safari 'remembered' that it couldn't load a page, and hung onto that concept with grim determination.

But I can guarantee you: If you enter the arena with unrealistic expectations, and then purchase a 4 - 5 year old machine, you will be disappointed, surely.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a 12" tibook 867mhz with a gig of ram and Superdrive. I have done some imovie projects with it . Worked just fine/ Painfully slow for that type of project compared to the newest machines.
However, to run office x surf etc. It hums along great. I have since handed it down to my 11 yr old , she loves. The wife is still miffed that I bypassed her with it.
She has my old Pismo, she doesn't understand that she is using the best portable that Apple has ever produced. IMHO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.