Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'd like to know which universities accept macs as they do PCs. i'm planning to get a PB for college/univ, but i'm a bit worried if there will be any course specific programs that are incompatible with macs.

i'm planning to go to Uni. of Toronto for either Computer/electrical or mechanical engineering, Life Sciences, or Bio-Chemistry. Or Queen's for Biomedical Computing. so anyone who goes there...please comment.

i'd appreciate any advice or feedback. first hand experience is much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Have you not checked out the course curriculum/software, or even asked these universities, themselves??

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
U of T supports macs on their wireless network, so you're OK there. The labs are mainly PCs however, with a couple of macs in Robarts.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I don't know about engineers, but theoretical/computational scientists have been, and continue to be pretty unix oriented, so Mac OS X and Linux get the thumbs up. During my 8 years at U of T (Ph.D. 1998 theoretical chemistry) we had loads of fun scoffing at the windowze. Now as a unix sysadmin/programmer I continue that fine tradition

Ryan, the biomedical computing a Queens looks seriously cool. If I were to do-it-all-again that would be my choice. Cross discipline is way to go these days.

[ November 15, 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Script Kiddie ]

·
Registered
73 Posts
University of Waterloo support both Mac and PCEES.
My som is in Architecture there and he has a Power Book Titanium.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm at the UofT, and we have macs... our wireless network supports macs, are labs have macs (some), and our bookstore sells mac's stuff...

don't know about queen's.. they're not really into macs.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
UNB had a few Mac labs around the campus.. but most of the stuff was PC.. the libraries with Wi Fi supported Macs also after you registered your Mac address with Computer Services.

Cheers,

RtC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts