ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I some how aqquired a ATI 5770 Mac edition graphics card but I have no clue if it works. The only intel mac I have is a imac and the card is just a tad too big fo that :lmao:. So I was wondering if the card woul work on a pc and if it could be damaged by trying it on a pc?

·
Premium Member
15,409 Posts
Try Googling on 'ATI 5770 Mac edition graphics card compatibility'

If you mean pc = a windows pc, otherwise most Mac specific graphic cards only work on specific Mac PC computers.

·
Premium Member
15,409 Posts
I haven't got any reliable info to offer.

It reminds me of some auto guru friends that can modify and drop in: a Caddy V-8 engine, an Olds auto tranny and some de Dion type rear end into their model T Fords etc. and get it all to work.

I prefer to pay the piper for stuff that's proven to work with my computer which seems to be a bit fussier as to what parts are installed, and I'm sure not into flashing any video cards, clipping certain resistors or taping over certain contacts to maybe get them to work.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean with the flashing and taping a big ugly mess, well thanks for you help and when I posted that link I didnt mean anything mean (like lets play the game were I have a question and the answer, and ridiqual everyone that has no answer) I just was wondering if I understood it or if it was at all accurate. Thanks for you imput.

I haven't got any reliable info to offer.

It reminds me of some auto guru friends that can modify and drop in: a Caddy V-8 engine, an Olds auto tranny and some de Dion type rear end into their model T Fords etc. and get it all to work.

I prefer to pay the piper for stuff that's proven to work with my computer which seems to be a bit fussier as to what parts are installed, and I'm sure not into flashing any video cards, clipping certain resistors or taping over certain contacts to maybe get them to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts