Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I currently have a mac account but I don't need all the stuff that comes along with it. All I really want is the email account - I love the simplicity of the mac mail program and like to be able to access my email and have auto syncing.

Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats stupid.

Big time waste; last year with .mac for sure so I have a year to change all my email address!

Anyone know a good client? Hotmail sucks ass and I'm not crazy about the sympatico account either.

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
Anyone know a good client? Hotmail sucks ass and I'm not crazy about the sympatico account either.
Most of my friends and I have had very good success with GMail. Namely, it is FREE, works well with Apple Mail (and Thunderbird) as well as online, his 2.8 GB of storage - oh, and the other features like GooglePages, with is handy for a number of items. I use my GooglePage as a backup for my bookmarks, so I can use them from any machine. And I find that Google Documents is pretty handy for some of those tasks, such as when I am stuck at a Windoze box but I need to do some word processing; since Windoze has no word processor, and my Mac can not always be with me...

I recommend it, and I have invitations available if anyone needs one. I think you can just join now without invitations...

Hotmail is not as good as it used to be; and if you get a new account, you can end up stuck with the whole MSN Live junk-o-chev...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im gonna stick to mac mail. I'll pay the incredibly high price for it. I never ever get spam ever and never get junk.

It's almost worth it for that reason alone.

I actually signed up for GMail a while ago and just logged on for fun - I had 356 spam emails. They do a good job filtering it but still.

I'll use my .mac for everything serious, my hotmail for anything MSN or Xbox 360 related and any junk things I need an email account for.

Plus, once I get my IPhone (Whenever that may be) I'd like to sinc my contacts and add email address to all my phone contacts.

THanks for the input

1 - 8 of 8 Posts