Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm a switcher...I'd like to know...Is it a good or bad idea to partake in this 60 day .mac trial offer? This may sound like a stupid question, but here is what I'm thinking.

It seems any time I've signed up for trial things in the past on my pc that something always ends up getting screwed up. The program won't uninstall...they mess up my account and end up charging me twice...they wipe out my information and I end up having to redo stuff....

Get my drift?

Anybody else tried out this 60day trial? How'd it go?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok Elmer (Michael) it seems like you have quite a few good suggestions to help me out. Here's my setup...maybe you could tell me what would work best.

I've got:

-a PC running windows XP (with an NTFS file system)
-shaw cable internet and network hub
-my 17" powerbook
-airport extreme base station
-20gig ipod for mac (but hasn't been used, turned on or configured yet)
-I will be signing up for the .mac trial when I get my powerbook plugged in and running ($100 isn't an issue at this point so I will be buying it eventually).

I need to transfer all of my email files (hotmail and shaw accounts) as well as my personal files (some I will archive on cd, but others like mp3's and PC files that the mac can read I want to transfer over to my mac as well as some software files)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks Patrick!

I suppose that the network WOULD be the easiest way. I guess I was just worried that it would be tough to set up the network, or that files may become corrupt?

How did you set up this network? Do you have the wireless airport? Would this cause me any difficulty?

edit: thanks for that link Patrick. I've been so busy with school I haven't had the chance to research how to switch everything over. Apple sure has made it easy with switchers and their whole "how to switch" section
I'll read that thouroughly and I'm sure it will answer all my questions

(p.s. so the trial version of .Mac allows you all the privilages of a full membership?)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yup, i've got a hub. Just have to figure out how to set it up with the airport base station. shouldn't be too difficult...as long as I have enough cables ;) lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.