ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got the iPhone 5, but have a pretty poor signal in downtown Ottawa (1-2 bars max) and speeds that are about the same as 3G (7-10 mbps). In the exact same spot I get 4-5 bars signal strength on 3G and speeds of (7-10 mbps). This is on the Fido/Rogers network?

Anyone else having similar issues with coverage/signal strength/coverage drops on Rogers/Fido in Ottawa, better luck with the Telus/Bell network?

I know with how new the LTE network is you can't expect quite the same coverage as on 3G, but was hoping it would be better than this in the downtown core of the city, or is it possible that there is a problem with my phone?

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I'm a few KM south of downtown. I have 4/5 bars and just got ~38 Down and 22 up.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I'm on Rogers in Kanata. I get around 3 bars on LTE, and my speed test clocked in at 40 Mbit/s down and 6.7 Mbit/s up. No issues with signal strength or speed anywhere I've been as far as I can tell.

(note: not on an iPhone though)

A7

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I was expecting to see speeds more in line with Atroz's 38 down/22up. As it stands now, 3G with 4/5 bars seems to be slightly faster than
LTE with 1/2 bars. Mt fastest 3G test so far has been 13 down, LTE has yet to break 10, I suspect I may just be in a bit of a Rogers/Fido dead zone...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I live in the centrepointe area, and rogers LTE coverage is non-existent. Across from the Centrepointe Theatre, I am on 3G only, and in my home, it's very weak 3G at that, where I have calls drop constantly.

At work, which is prince of wales area, I do get LTE and speends tend to average about 15-20 down and up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts