Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Noman Wanderer
6 Posts
Would love to know if people are interested!

dibenga has been very supportive of the film and has encouraged me to post here.

I'm making this film as something which is very dear to my heart, and also a great chance to draw attention to the Newt and celebrate it, despite it's failings. Even if you don't like pen-based computers, it was ahead of it's time.

I would love to hear from anyone interested in the film, and of course there is a campaign at newtfilm.com if anyone is interested.

(the animated GIF was made by Sylvain, one of my backers)

Warm regards,
noah

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
It's because I added the graphic, isn't it?

What do I have to do so that this is not "SPAM!"?
No, no issue with graphic.

It is because the whole topic is ADVERTISING.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
To be fair, the post in question is legitimate to the thread and the thread itself has been posted and responded to by interested members. Add to that the post was invited by valid member dibenga. Perhaps the spam accusation is somewhat misplaced this time around. CubaMark, your take?

·
Noman Wanderer
6 Posts
I would also like to point out that this film is a community driven effort and not-for-profit. I really am inviting feedback. I am also a Mac user since 1994, and live in Canada, so I thought this would be an ideal place to talk about my film. I could edit the post so it is less detailed and more obscure and maybe it wouldn't be as offensive ;-)

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
I'm surprised at the SPAM accusation - this is a fan of the Newton who is undertaking a project that shows his interest, and the global community interest, in a piece of Apple history. Heck, I own two or three Newtons. If I were a wee bit more flush, I'd toss some cash at this project. The least I can do is give it props and promotion. Perhaps it's a generational thing - folks who weren't "of age" when the Newton was around might not "get" our fascination with them.

This isn't a useless product being advertised... it's Apple-related, fandom-supported, and fanatic-driven. Nothing SPAMmy about that.

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
I'm surprised at the SPAM accusation - this is a fan of the Newton who is undertaking a project that shows his interest, and the global community interest, in a piece of Apple history. Heck, I own two or three Newtons. If I were a wee bit more flush, I'd toss some cash at this project. The least I can do is give it props and promotion. Perhaps it's a generational thing - folks who weren't "of age" when the Newton was around might not "get" our fascination with them.

This isn't a useless product being advertised... it's Apple-related, fandom-supported, and fanatic-driven. Nothing SPAMmy about that.
OK! OK! I withdraw the spam 'accusation'.

In fact, I am of the Newton generation, if we can call it that. (I am 71!!). And I had a couple of them and always regreted their demise. I have always considered the iPhone, etc., as 'grown up' Newtons...... FWIW......

·
Noman Wanderer
6 Posts
OK! OK! I withdraw the spam 'accusation'.

In fact, I am of the Newton generation, if we can call it that. (I am 71!!). And I had a couple of them and always regreted their demise. I have always considered the iPhone, etc., as 'grown up' Newtons...... FWIW......
Well rgray, if you want to contribute to the film, it hasn't been announced widely yet but we will be taking user-submissions via the page here: Love Notes to Newton – Newton was discontinued by Apple in 1998, why are people still in love with Newton? so that we can do with more content from the actual Newton community. I don't know if you're handy with a camera but contributions are welcome.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Love Notes to Newton shirt designs now live

Hey all I wanted to let you know we've launched a new perk to support the film. A series of t shirt designs created by yours truly. There are four to choose from. One for each of the form factors of the Newton including the eMate. Anyway I'm pretty proud of them. I hope you like them too.

http://newtfilm.com/

·
Noman Wanderer
6 Posts
Shirts

If we were to offer a bulk package, with a discount, if you order all four shirts, would that be interesting? If there is demand for it, we can definitely do it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts