Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several UFC fights stored on my computer that I wanted to burn to DVD to watch on a stand alone DVD player. While the files can be watched on my computer without a problem I lost the audio after burning them to DVD.

I'm using Toast 7. I've used it with success burning other files to DVD. Nonetheless, is the problem likely occurring during the encoding? If so, how does one correct this and why would it be a problem sometimes and not others?

If not, where else should I look to troubleshoot this problem?

As usual, any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,114 Posts
Yes, VisualHub. It can burn your DVD for you.
You need to input the title of the DVD somewhere on Visual Hub.
First time I tried a conversion and burn ar one operation, it all went fine but my DVD ended up being called Visual Hub - I expected the VH software to automatically pick up the title from the source file.

Haven't tried VH since.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone ever tried the freeware app. "Burn"?

I checked out Visual Hub and seen that it was a demo. Decided to leave it for now and look for something free and possibly permanent which lead me to Burn.

Tried it and it worked pretty good. Took half the time to encode and all but 1 of 26 files were successfully encoded. Then I burned all the files to a DVD. Never lost any audio, but the video wasn't as good.

I'm going to see if I can mess with the video settings and adjust for better quality. If i can make it work I might dump Toast altogether.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.