Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is that possible??? I have this little issue with one of the batts for the TiBook: Sometimes (and more often than not), when I pick the unit up (with Prob.Batt), I get a complete shut down - like I was about to crack the The Caramilk secret. I mean, the date is back @ Wed (whatever day) '69, 7pm. Anyone else been thru this? Sounds like it could be a contact - but how?? and this has only occurred when I went to pick it up off the desk. Nothing with the other batt (Good.Batt)... The contact cannot be that loose, as I likely have more issues. :confused:

H!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Have you recently removed your bottom case i.e. have to put in an AIrport card or something?

If so, are you sure you put the case on properly? There are a certain sequence to follow when attaching the bottom case. Also, I would like to mention that my battery did pop out, then I reinstalled my case, and it got better. Now, it only pops out when I accidently "twist" the case i.e. I grab it by one corner and lift it..

Cheers,

RtC

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Hey Ohenri, I'm assuming you have one of the earlier TiBooks. This was a known problem. Talk to your local Authourized Apple service centre to see if there is a repair program for this issue.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The case was recently removed for a HD install. As well, is that was a know issue... Maybe I'll get with it and take it in. Not a huge issuse as I have another cell, but I do like the fact that I could have both working properly.

H!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts