Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,886 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,363 Posts
Macdoc, I was told the same thing from the Computer Purchasing Center here at MUN. Re the 15" Powerbooks, not sure what sort of "alloy" comprises "*^&%$#(#". I have not taken chemistry for many years, but I thought that aluminum was "Al". :D We shall see.

And how is Life treating you, my friend?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
If you add a G5 to your cart at the Apple Store, the estimated shipping time is "4-7 weeks." :confused:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,363 Posts
Lars, now we are coming close to my birthday (Oct.7th). :eek: :confused: Still, that would make a nice birthday gift for myself. We shall see.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If corporations were getting G5's by now the web would be FULL of reviews, speed tests and pictures.

Sometimes a rumour is only a rumour. You can't believe everything you read.

[ August 10, 2003, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: RubberGorilla ]

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
You have to consider that the guy that pre-ordered his G5 at the annoucement of the new product will get it before the guy that orders it today. You have to expect that the wait will be a bit longer for those... i.e. at work, the guy that pre-ordered gets it before the guy that just shows up at the door on the release date.

Cheers,

RtC

·
Premium Member
30,886 Posts
a) Dealer shipments come at the same time. Apple is not quite that blatant.......yet.

b) it's not a matter of believing it as I stated it's a RUMOUR the G5s are getting into key organizations - very likely with a severe gag order attached.

7 weeks is well into September. :(

Dr. G - &*(%(^() is the new "thin air" alloy for upcoming Powerbook models. Sort of like the "King's clothes" version. :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Canadian By Choice
117,363 Posts
Macdoc, re "&*(%(^()", the new "thin air alloy for upcoming Powerbooks", any idea when they might "evolve" and at what specs? I used a 15" tiBook last week -- Sweet!

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
There is probably a lot of people that have them right now. Just as Macdoc was saying they probably sign contracts. Its just like the speed of CPU's out, they have CPU's a lot faster then you and I know about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts