Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Not new, just in it's own package now. Soundtrack comes with Final Cut 4, announced a month or two back now.

Still cool though.

--PB

·
Registered
235 Posts
As a professional musician I am all for music.

I just hope that this doesn't turn out to be Apples version of Microsoft Clip Art for music.

Think of the millions (1.3 million Power Point decks produced every hour in North America) of PPT decks made using that insipid stick man clip art and arrows in a target.

If it opens the door to the layperson - cool. If it lowers the bar... not so cool.

Music is not about the technology nor the instrument - it is about truth spoken by the artist.

Well, thats enough of me trying to be profound - back to work!

LOL

·
Registered
288 Posts
Actually Soundtrack is Apple‘s version of Smartsound‘s products which we have been using for many years . Unfortunately Soundtrack is rather limited in it’s integration with other progs. SmartSound‘s products intergrates with just about every Pro and Prosumer video progam and FCP Imoive and IPhoto.

The Movie Maestro is more than enough for most users and at $49.00 it’s certainly more affordable!! Sonicfire Pro is awesome and is the same price as Soundtrack.

Check them out

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Talking about Power Point (which was a ripoff of a cool Mac program which I can't remember)...

Only the windoze saddies use little ant-men nowadays. Just finished a 2 day training pack and used quite a bit of the Office X clipart. Not great but reasonable. The search engine is fairly acurate. In other words one step above elevator muzak, MOR oldies radio perhaps?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I'd love to take this for a sonic spin, but man - Have you seen the min syst requirements for this unit??

Macintosh computer with a single 500MHz or
dual 450MHz or faster PowerPC G4 processor
? Mac OS X v10.2.5 or later
? QuickTime 6.1 or later
? 384MB of RAM (512MB recommended)
? CD or DVD drive for installing Soundtrack
? DVD drive for installing Apple Loops (optional)
? 5GB of available disk space for installing application
and content.

:eek:

Dual 450?? 5GB? whoa... talk about bloated. So much for running this on the Pismo. :( Booo... That's not cool. I would still like to see this @ work. Hopefully will be in stock soon.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Bloated? Its got 4000 music loops its got to install on your machine! They're not in comressed mp3 format or anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts