Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Where you live is not that relevant - where you bank might be more relevant to the question of how you might go about buying stocks.

A quick google search of "Canadian Discount Brokerage" brought up this link

Stingy Investor: Canadian Discount Broker Commission Comparison

which might be of use - but generally if you have a bank account with a particular financial institution you may get slightly simpler (in terms of putting money into a brokerage account) use of of their particular discount brokerage offering.

Read a couple of books about the market first too - it will save you some potential anguish.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
Too late to invest in Apple now. I mean unless you are looking long term, really long term.

Should have invested the day people began speculating about the iPhone...or before the release of the iPod.

Invest in Cameco. As soon as it gets cigar lake happening the stock will shoot high, really high. Cameco is one of the largest producers of energy grade uranium in the world. China and India are scheduled to open 23 Nuclear plants by 2016...Canada and the US have like 12 together... $$$$ Cha Ching $$$$

·
Premium Member
12,073 Posts
So I am totally new to stocks and such but am interested in buying apple stocks. I live in Ottawa, where can I buy Apple stocks? :heybaby:
I can certainly appreciate the notion of wanting to buy some Apple stock, but I agree with one of the other posters: if you are even THINKING about the possibility of quick return/easy money, this is the WRONG outlet. Apple has been on an upswing for a long time and while the future certainly looks good, look at the history of Apple's STOCK and you will see a different portrait, spelled ROLLERCOASTER.

In a nutshell: Wall Street doesn't "get" Apple's business model and never will. They are totally in the dark about "where art meets commerce." So the first time an Apple product fails to do as well as expected (remember the G4 Cube?) and is not revamped/dropped quickly enough, the stock WILL dive again. Heck, the stock dives every time Apple doesn't meet EXPECTATIONS, even if the company actually did very well. Be VERY aware of this when holding Apple stock.

That said, I still think it's a good long-term (by this I mean holding more than 2-3 years) investment, but OTOH what do you think would happen to the stock if Steve Jobs got hit by a bus next Tuesday? :confused:

Anyway, the links above and advice to talk to discount brokers and banks/credit union financial people is good advice. Here's a good link for AAPL chatter:
Apple Investor News - Always Updating, Intelligent News Search

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Well, it all speculative and everyone has their theories. One analyst even suggested Apple stock to hit $600 in the near future. Do your research and then decide.

I got in "late" at $125, and today were around $200. Not a bad little run up in 5 months.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.