Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2008 Mac Pro that came with 5 - 8gb sticks of ram so yeah 1 is not recognized and sits on the bottom ram board.
I would love to find a matching piece to sit beside it and the only ones I can find are in pairs of course and singles are on a slow boat from China.
I'm hoping someone might have one kicking around and willing to sell it. If you have a pair I could still be interested.
The ram I'm trying to match has a sticker saying

Hynix 8gb 2Rx4 PC2-5300F-555-11
Another sticker has AXIOM 8GB

Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
42,901 Posts
Just noting that older RAM from a MacPro 1,1 will work in this capacity at a 20% performance penalty. I topped up my current 3,1 with older RAM pairs.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just noting that older RAM from a MacPro 1,1 will work in this capacity at a 20% performance penalty. I topped up my current 3,1 with older RAM pairs.
I never thought of that Macfury, thanks for the heads up!
By the way this is the same Mac Pro that was coming up G5 on some software, I figured out it was just Microsoft office apps and just dumped them, problem solved. This thing is flying with 32gb (4x8gb on the top riser board) I would just like to pair up the one odd 8gb stick (on the second board). Still not sure why the previous owner would have installed it.

·
Premium Member
16,084 Posts
I'm hoping someone might have one kicking around and willing to sell it. If you have a pair I could still be interested.
The ram I'm trying to match has a sticker saying

You might want to give CanadaRAM a call, and they used to be an ehMac member and supporter:

Or maybe even OWC at macsales.com

Both places seem to have memory for old mac models still available.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might want to give CanadaRAM a call, and they used to be an ehMac member and supporter:

Or maybe even OWC at macsales.com

Both places seem to have memory for old mac models still available.

- Patrick
=======
Thanks pm-r I will look at them and thanks for the links!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts