Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beaugeste
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a number of sites with as many varying prices. On Amazon, prices seem the lowest but are the batteries any good?
Where have you purchased yours and would you recommend them?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
+1

I used iFixit batteries in both my iPhone 5 and 5s. They are pricier than Amazon & eBay fare, but I was swayed by the positive reviews.

If you're looking for a good toolkit for electronic repair, I also recommend the Pro Tech Toolkit. The magnetic project mat is super handy, too!

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
+1

I used iFixit batteries in both my iPhone 5 and 5s. They are pricier than Amazon & eBay fare, but I was swayed by the positive reviews.

If you're looking for a good toolkit for electronic repair, I also recommend the Pro Tech Toolkit. The magnetic project mat is super handy, too!

Their webpage is pretty full of "SOLD OUT" labels. :(

If using amazon, check the listed capacity is at least equal to or above the original and also the seller's reputation.

I've had good luck from an amazon seller in Quebec for Mac portable batteries.

·
Premium Member
17,781 Posts
I would ignore the stated capacity on Amazon batteries.

I purchased 3 camera batteries on Amazon, for less than the price of one Olympus battery. While the stated capacity was 50% higher, none of the three delivered as many photos per charge as the aging Olympus battery they were intended to supplement.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Their webpage is pretty full of "SOLD OUT" labels. :(

If using amazon, check the listed capacity is at least equal to or above the original and also the seller's reputation.

I've had good luck from an amazon seller in Quebec for Mac portable batteries.
If there's no hurry, iFixit will email a notification when stock is back in. I had to wait about two weeks for my 5s battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts