Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find details on how bright the display is on the late 2009 MacBook (white plastic model). I currently have this laptop and want to upgrade to the Macbook Air 2018. However, I heard that the MacBook Air display is not very bright. As long as the display of the MacBook Air is at least as bright as my old laptop, I will be happy with it. :)

Thanks!
George

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Not sure about a comparison, but a new retina screen will certainly be better than a white MacBook screen.

If you are that selective I would say get into an Apple store and look at it in person and decide if it is bright enough for you.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Ugh. I'm in precisely this position now. I need a new laptop - and $$$ wise, I'm thinking of the latest generation MacBook Air with Retina screen. Now you've thrown that into doubt.

May be that I'll have to cough up some more pesos and get the MBP instead.... sigh....

:greedy: :-(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugh. I'm in precisely this position now. I need a new laptop - and $$$ wise, I'm thinking of the latest generation MacBook Air with Retina screen. Now you've thrown that into doubt.

May be that I'll have to cough up some more pesos and get the MBP instead.... sigh....

:greedy: :-(
I just picked up a Macbook Air 2018 and I am very happy with the screen brightness. I wish I never viewed all of those videos of people complaining about the brightness of the screen. I was worried for nothing. LOL The Macbook Air 2018 seems slightly brighter than my Macbook (late -2009) The attached pictures don't really do it justice because the screen looks much nicer and seems brighter in person. (The Macbook Air is on the left side and the Macbook is on the right side)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts