Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Renovating Character My Home: Before & After

I have a largish debt outstanding with a private individual and need to calculate compound interest on a daily basis.

Is anyone aware of a freeware program out there that might be good for this? I don't need anything large or elaborate. I just want to plug in some numbers, a start date and a rate of interest and let the program do the rest.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
I just did a Google search for "compound interest calculator" and got a ton of hits for online calculators that just might do the trick for you DB.

Try it yourself and see if one will meet you needs.

Cheers :)

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
Do you owe the funds, or does this other "private individual?"

I'm just trying to figure out which of you is the shark.

I have a largish debt outstanding with a private individual and need to calculate compound interest on a daily basis.

Is anyone aware of a freeware program out there that might be good for this? I don't need anything large or elaborate. I just want to plug in some numbers, a start date and a rate of interest and let the program do the rest.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Do you owe the funds, or does this other "private individual?"

I'm just trying to figure out which of you is the shark.
When someone states they have a debt "outstanding" the term usually means it is owed to them, not the other way round.

As for the snide remark, that could have, no make that should have, never been mentioned.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks Sinc. I'll give that a shot. It's obviously not as a peculiar a request as I thought. I threw it out because I'm constantly amazed by the quality suggestions that EhMac members have when one has such questions.

On the shark issue, we co-own our house with a friend. In 2000 gave up my job to be a stay at home dad and renovate the house. He carried on with an $80,000 a year job. I have put in seven years of labour and not charged a penny for any of it, only charged for materials.

For instance, I singlehandedly built a 120 long Allan Block wall down the side of our property in the middle of summer (dug the ditch by hand) while he entertained friends inside with music, iced drinks and a trip to the movies for afters. When he occasionally helped, friends of his would constantly drop by for long leaning-on-shovel conversations about what a great job he was doing and how hard he was working while I toiled away in the background.

I reached the end of my rope when he left for a one year break in Thailand with his new partner. He is now financing the construction of a love nest home there while we keep asking for cash to pay his end of the bills. The joint account he created for us to dip into while he was away was drained by him via the Internet within months of his departure. So we pay the bills and manage our Vancouver house and hound him for money.

The cost of seven years of labour is substantial but it was made better by me cutting a big chunk off the top as a friendship bonus and then charging a less-than-prime interest rate.

So no, I don't see myself as a shark. I'm a community person who is just trying to get by.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
On the shark issue, we co-own our house with a friend. In 2000 gave up my job to be a stay at home dad and renovate the house. He carried on with an $80,000 a year job. I have put in seven years of labour and not charged a penny for any of it, only charged for materials.

For instance, --- stuff ---

I reached the end of my rope when he left for a one year break in Thailand with his new partner. He is now financing the construction a love nest home there while we keep asking for cash to pay his end of the bills. The joint account he created for us to dip into while he was away was drained by him via the Internet within months of his departure. So we pay the bills and manage our Vancouver house and hound him for money.
Don't need software, need lawyer...

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We remain co-owners of the house and I'm sure we will see the money one day. I just want to make sure I charge accurate interest.

It's hard to be firm with friends. In many ways, I have made it too easy for him which is a classic avenue for being taken advantage of.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Backyard Building

I knocked down the old garage, excavated the backyard and rebuilt.

These pictures show the before and after views. I now have a state of the art office and art studio inside the garage. It is my home away from home.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts