Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
I assume you are talking about the /Library/Printers folder on the root directory and not the ~/Library/Printers folder in your home directory.

You should be free to delete whatever you do not use. The same with your modems folder in the /Library/Modems Folder.

Apple throws in a whole ton of extra printers and modems that most people will never have. Just their way of Plug and Play I assume.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I must have done the modem folder before as it did not have much.

My printer folder had 238MB.

So I did a little house cleaning. :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
what about rendezvous?

apparently, my school will have printing set up over a wireless connection soon. would i need those printer drivers, to use the sytem at school?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by emceepj:
what about rendezvous?

apparently, my school will have printing set up over a wireless connection soon. would i need those printer drivers, to use the sytem at school?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite possibly, although you don't NEED them as most printers include the drivers on CD and they are on the web, so you could install them if you want, but its if you just want plug and play, leave them in... All depends on how much work you want to do in order to access the network and how much you really want that space. Its like an apendex, you'll live without it, and leaving it won't hurt any either...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts