Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
I'm increasingly dismayed by some humans. 😡

·
Premium Member
17,781 Posts
Typical of what passes for journalism these days. Acusations of hate, but absolute zero to back up the claim.

Anyways I will say the same thing I have said when it was Muslims accused of hate crimes. Test for Scopalamine. If you find it you can bet the headlines are bogus.

·
Premium Member
17,781 Posts
It is the journalists who were disrespectful, by putting out a narrative with nothing to back it up. There are multiple other possible explanations. Calling it a hate crime without backing it up, simply because it feeds some element of the globalist agenda, is beyond low.

Was the driver manipulated into it, via scopalamine or other drugs? Was the driver a recent recipient of the Covid stab and simply passed out at the wheel? Mechanical malfunction?

It is the official narrative, and given the Himmler style reporting of today, should be taken with a large dose of saline.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eMacMan, what exactly do you expect the journalists to do? The police are calling it a hate crime. From whatever evidence they have in the case, they feel confident enough to make that statement, very quickly. Surprisingly quickly, given how often cops are apologists for young white men who commit these kinds of acts.

Buddy was wearing a "body armour-type" vest when arrested. That would seem to speak to pre-meditation. As to whatever other info the police have on him, we - and the journalists covering the story - have no access to it.

So again - what do you expect reporters to do in this case? And get off that ridiculous "globalist agenda" stuff. Either be fully Q-Anon or leave it out... we don't have time for people who use insinuation as a strategy to further their agendas.

"Himmler style reporting". That's hilarious. Today's newsrooms suffer from a decided lack of proper training and sufficient funding to do investigative journalism, and that's where any failures to properly represent a story usually lie (unless you work for Fox "News", AmericanOne, or any of the other wacko propaganda-conspiracy agencies).

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
eMacMan, what exactly do you expect the journalists to do? The police are calling it a hate crime. From whatever evidence they have in the case, they feel confident enough to make that statement, very quickly. Surprisingly quickly, given how often cops are apologists for young white men who commit these kinds of acts.

Buddy was wearing a "body armour-type" vest when arrested. That would seem to speak to pre-meditation. As to whatever other info the police have on him, we - and the journalists covering the story - have no access to it.

So again - what do you expect reporters to do in this case? And get off that ridiculous "globalist agenda" stuff. Either be fully Q-Anon or leave it out... we don't have time for people who use insinuation as a strategy to further their agendas.

"Himmler style reporting". That's hilarious. Today's newsrooms suffer from a decided lack of proper training and sufficient funding to do investigative journalism, and that's where any failures to properly represent a story usually lie (unless you work for Fox "News", AmericanOne, or any of the other wacko propaganda-conspiracy agencies).
I think people are questioning the police and where they got this info from as they called it a hate crime I believe less then an hour after it all happened. Could be he is known to them and that is where they got it, but it does seem quick before a proper interview to try and understand the motives. I think any murder is a hate crime so not sure what is really added by the title to it. Lock him up forever.

The body armour type vest is not evidence of anything but poor fashion sense. Did he have a gun and was planning on getting into a shoot out? That might be a different indicator as he would be preparing for a gun fight.

This is a tragic crime, truly sad. I think though they have the guy and the courts can hand out justice. What more do we really need?

·
peek-a-boo
16,612 Posts
There seems to be a great deal of resistance to the idea that this was motivated by hated of Muslims. Given the vitriol we see of people gleefully painting Muslims all as violent jihadist terrorists, it isn’t a stretch to think this is possible. First the journalists were blamed, and now we’re wondering how could it be possible this was motivated by hatred of Muslims, how could the cops (who likely possess far more information than we’ve been given so far) could ever come to this conclusion. I won’t even address the pure stupidity of some of the earlier wildly unsubstantiated claims.

how about people show some respect, and let’s await more information that may (or not) reveal why the police quickly stated this was a hate crime, and think of the victims and their families.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's called Islamophobia something that the Conservative Party voted against in the HofC. The current leader voted against it along with the usual cast of characters Pollievre, Bergen, and Ms. Oklahoma. Limited details but Facebook closed the driver's account. Police have gone through his apartment. He has quoted the bible in the egg processing plant where he worked so I assume he's Christian of some sort.

·
Premium Member
17,781 Posts
I think people are questioning the police and where they got this info from as they called it a hate crime I believe less then an hour after it all happened. Could be he is known to them and that is where they got it, but it does seem quick before a proper interview to try and understand the motives. I think any murder is a hate crime so not sure what is really added by the title to it. Lock him up forever.

The body armour type vest is not evidence of anything but poor fashion sense. Did he have a gun and was planning on getting into a shoot out? That might be a different indicator as he would be preparing for a gun fight.

This is a tragic crime, truly sad. I think though they have the guy and the courts can hand out justice. What more do we really need?
Yep and sometime later we are being given expanded versions of that perjorative label with nothing of substance being put forth to back it up. That is propaganda style reporting, nothing more and nothing less. Of course the Prime Moron has been awful quick to add fuel to that fire.

If a thorough investigation, including a screen for Scopalamine or any other drug that would allow the driver to be manipulated, concludes it was a deliberate act then by all means lock him up forever.

Not related to @wonderings post, I am rather surprised that anyone who worships at the Burn, Loot and Murder alter, would take the words of cops at (two)face value.

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
There seems to be a great deal of resistance to the idea that this was motivated by hated of Muslims. Given the vitriol we see of people gleefully painting Muslims all as violent jihadist terrorists, it isn’t a stretch to think this is possible. First the journalists were blamed, and now we’re wondering how could it be possible this was motivated by hatred of Muslims, how could the cops (who likely possess far more information than we’ve been given so far) could ever come to this conclusion. I won’t even address the pure stupidity of some of the earlier wildly unsubstantiated claims.

how about people show some respect, and let’s await more information that may (or not) reveal why the police quickly stated this was a hate crime, and think of the victims and their families.
I think the resistance is possible misinformation to enforce a certain naritave that may or may not be true. I am also left wondering how the label "hate crime" came out so quickly without any indication as to how they got to that conclusion within the first hour. I think it may have been better for the police to say "the suspect is known to us and through our knowledge of him we believe it was a hate crime." No more details needed, this question would not need to be asked. If you put that label of "hate" onto the crime it begs asking the questions about him and his motives. End of the day I don't think extra labels are needed for crimes like this. A really sad situation and best wishes to friends and family of the deceased. I would say I hope they can find peace but it is far to early for that, I just hope they can get through this till healing can begin.

·
peek-a-boo
16,612 Posts
Once again. Show a little respect. Pushing unsubstantiated conspiracy theories of ‘forced narratives’ furthers anti Muslim sentiments and prevents any healing you speak of.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am rather surprised that anyone who worships at the Burn, Loot and Murder alter, would take the words of cops at (two)face value.
See how easily you malign a movement against police brutality by distorting their acronym to push your own agenda. It's insidious how you ultra-right types do that.

Of course we don't take the cops' word on the matter. That's not the point. The point is, you accused the reporter: "Typical of what passes for journalism these days. Acusations of hate, but absolute zero to back up the claim." The reporter provided the police description of the suspect and his motive. I ask again: What was the reporter to do with the information at hand? Hate on the cops and continue to go on your scopaline trip, fine, but why attack the reporter for reporting?

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
It is the journalists who were disrespectful, by putting out a narrative with nothing to back it up. There are multiple other possible explanations. Calling it a hate crime without backing it up, simply because it feeds some element of the globalist agenda, is beyond low.

Was the driver manipulated into it, via scopalamine or other drugs? Was the driver a recent recipient of the Covid stab and simply passed out at the wheel? Mechanical malfunction?

It is the official narrative, and given the Himmler style reporting of today, should be taken with a large dose of saline.
This is pathetic. Show some consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
Slowly, reporters are digging up details on the alleged murderer.

A very strange description of the killer. He is often described as non-violent and introverted, but the detail I find troubling as that he was “laughing” when he emerged from his vehicle. Bizarre.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts