Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like this!

Bluetooth wireless technology, sweet looking, and no doubt totally awesome. Doesn't say it works with the Mac, but Bluetooth is cross-platform, therefore it actually will work on the Macintosh running Mac OS X. If you don't have Bluetooth built-in, the Combo comes with a Bluetooth Base Station, so no worries. Damn that's nice!

It's priced for $249.96 U.S.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like how the thing on the bottom right hand of the keyboard and keypad look sort of like Carbon Computing's logo

·
Registered
470 Posts
It does look like the Carbon logo

Maybe Ron can sue for copyright infringement ;)

Lars - have you come across a nice bluetooth mouse that doesn't come with all the extras like rechargeable battery, adapter, keyboard?

Now that would be a nice addition to the new PBs

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Maybe some day they should wakeup that black keyboards suck, even Apple finally figured it out again. :rolleyes:
MS products blow off Logitech every time - feel, software, Mac oriented and gorgeous. The Special Edition Wireless mouse and keyboard in white and chrome has terrific touch and everything works immediately.
MS has a dedicated Mac team and it shows. :cool:

BTW Bluetooth seems interference prone

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/1379911

I tried a Bluetooth device in our admittedly rather over tech equipped environment and it was unuseable.
Logitech has never been very good with mac products.
Kensington and Microsoft make good peripherals for Macs with excellent software support.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Macdoc, could you point us to this special edition chrome&white MS combo? I wouldn't mind seeing it...

Cheers,
Podboy

·
Registered
227 Posts
Is it a laptop keyboard? Buttons look flat and shallow. And why the separate numerical pad? And what the hell does that silver "Carbon Computing" button do....or is it a button?

I like the wireless mouse...pretty!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Macdoc, looking for that mouse and KB too. I'm on the MS site right now, and no sight of it.

H!

·
Registered
39 Posts
man this looks awesome! i personally love logitech products, and i have to say that this is one of the best ideas i've seen from them in a while. wireless keyboards never made sense for me till this product came along. the keypad is meant as a remote control for your itunes etc! and the mouse has the mx engine, so you can be sure it will never skip, in the entire time i had my mx500, i've never been able to make it skip, i even got the dual optical to skip, but not the mx.

·
Registered
762 Posts
What I like, take the number pad separately with my PB when travelling :D
And the mouse charging cradle is also the Bluetooth hub, no need to buy a separate Bluetooth dongle!!

[ October 21, 2003, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Jordan ]

·
Registered
470 Posts
I like the bluetooth hub too. If you don't have built-in BT.

I just wish someone would offer a nice BT mouse without all the extras for the new PBs.

If apple would just make their BT mouse a real mouse, with buttons and a scroll wheel ......

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you already have built-in Bluetooth, the included isn't required - don't need to take it with you (it just recharges the mouse' batteries if you want it to instead of replacing them).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Lars - true, but why pay for something you don't need?

Agreed, with rechargeable batteries you need the base. I'd be happy with good 'ol alkalines every few months. ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe some day they should wakeup that black keyboards suck, even Apple finally figured it out again
Maybe I missed this in a previous thread, but what's so bad about black keyboards?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Regarding the black keyboard issue, cannot see the keys in any light but optimal situaton, and the glare is terrible. I too switched from apples pro to the combo that macdoc recommends but in the end switched back to the current white keyboard from apple, not the pro but the one that has the slope and clear flat bottom. I found the combo great in feel however I found the space key to be excessively noisy and "chatty" when compared with the rest of the keys. For those that want one, I purchased mine from Costco a few months back for 100. Great deal if you ask me but my second one (exchanged first one for said key annoyance) had the same chatty space bar. It now resides on my daughter's ibook. It's called the Wireless Optical Desktop, Special Edition

1 - 17 of 17 Posts