Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering why one would want to logout of say, eHMac.ca. Logging out requires you to have to log in again on return. Is there some security issue when one doesn't log out? I have never logged out before.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,389 Posts
Good morning, my friend. How is Life up in the great NL north?

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
csonni
If you are logged in a machine that is not your own, then someone elese could log in with your profile, read your personal messages etc.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
You only need to logoff if you log-in to ehMac.ca on a public, or not your, computer for security purposes (as mentioned, so someone doesn't gain access to your profile, post under your name, etc).

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course. I should have thought of that. I guess I'm not accustomed to public access computer stations. Dr. G- we are well here. We recently returned from a long 13,000 km trip to South Dakota and back (where my wife is origianlly from). It sure was good to get home after 120 hrs behind the wheel and 17 days of driving total. The Labrador Hwy was pretty much fine, but on the way back it was down to bedrock between Lab City and Churchill Falls. Our vehicle is 10 years old and has never been out of Goose Bay and over 80 kph. Quite the grueling test for her this Summer. She did well. Thanks for the inquiry.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,389 Posts
Csonni, what the others said about logging off of computers that are not strictly your own makes sense. When my son and I shared a computer, he came across this site. God only knows what he might have said in my name, although he would not do that I hope.

Glad to hear that you returned to our fine province safe and sound. I have never been to South Dakota, and would like to see that area of the US someday.......as well as Alaska. In Canada, I want to go the the Yukon and PEI. Paix, mon ami, and may we all have a fairly mild winter.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Dr. G, I have been to South Dakota twice now about ten years apart and I still haven't seen it all. If you can, just do it. You won't regret it. The progress on the Chief Crazy Horse mountain monument alone made the trip worthwhile, to see how much work and time it takes to create a mountain monument like Mount Rushmore. I hope to go again some day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts