Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to the discussion last week about moving it to a day when more people can attend the mayhem?

Personally, I would rather play on Tuesdays because I have choir rehersals on Thursdays. In fact, you can hear what we sound like by clicking
here. Let me know if you like it. We recorded this last Thursday.

·
Registered
719 Posts
So, are we up for some fragging on Thursday?

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Hello,

Yes, I'll be there to punish (or be punished by) anyone who shows up. Count me in between 9:30 and Midnight. As for Tuesday night, why can't we do both? Double your pleasure I say.

Bjorn

(Notice my imitation of james_squared's posting style? It's always "Hello," comment, then "James" at the bottom. It's funny, but it just bugs me. No offence, James. Remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.)

;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
The server is good to go on both days. It's up today, so go to town!

I'll try to be on at about 9:30 too.

-SJ

pw:ehmac

·
Registered
507 Posts
I may or may not attend.

I've been playing lots of UT2003 lately (on the PC), and i'm not sure I can switch back to the '100x-less polygon UT'. ;)

I can't wait for the X version to come out - i'll be able to slag your asses.

Oh, I hope Strongblade makes an appearance - I hear he has a new vid card in his G4.

N.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Originally posted by Neil Yates:
Oh, I hope Strongblade makes an appearance - I hear he has a new vid card in his G4.

:eek: Yikes! I'm so s-c-a-r-e-d. :rolleyes:

Hey Britnell. What's your avatars name? I wanna know who I'm gunnin' for... :mad:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hmmm... it's probably mid-fest right now, so I am going to try and get on for a few rounds, but I'm part-way through Max Payne so I may only pop in for a little bit tonight...

And the new vid-card is Neil's old GeForce2MX 32MB. It's a step up from the stock ATI Rage Pro 128 16MB'er that came with this ol' SawTooth...

Lets see how she fares...

:cool:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Well, problems o' plenty. Seems the X-ifed UT won't run on my new monitor, and it fails to load if I make any changes to the .ini files (I mean ANY changes).

I disconnected the second crappy monitor and it did run, albeit not as well as my old card. I think it's to do with Drivers personally (I'm betting my NVIDIA drivers are not up to snuff in X, since I didn't actually have use for them until now...)

Oh, and NOBODY was on. I played a bot for a few minutes, but my reaction time and the poor performance of the card just made it pointless.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Four of us on, and we all had 450+ pings. So, the server will move tonight to my box.

Just so you know, it'll be hosted on a 3mbit line, on an AMD Athlon 2.17 GHz w/1024MB DDR. Fast sucka.

IP: 64.230.5.76
password: ehmac
Server Name: EhMac Ottawa

See you there.

N.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Server shutdown at 11:25PM EST.
Low pings - saw Bjorn with <85 ping.
I set the server to a max of six players, but I think the max human players we had was 5. Took me about three games to get readjusted to the UT weapons and physics - UT2003 is far different.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Neil Yates:
Took me about three games to get readjusted to the UT weapons and physics - UT2003 is far different.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! I knew there was reason why I beat Ronin!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Right, so I went to the usual server and from about 9:50 to 10:05, played with a bot, and had 430 ping the whole time.

Tried to get into Yate's server but no luck. Opened Location plugged in IP and got "Connection Failed. Rejected by Server." Whatever, maybe next time.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I managed to squeeze in some UT last night between doing my calculus and computer assignment, it was fun. I am getting better, I had my moments and at times (once) I was close to beating the almighty Ronin. Looking forward to next time.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, speaking of locking and loading...have any of you thought of buying (or purchased already) Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix?

I bought it last week and it is freakin' awesome!!! Simply fantastic fun!!! I would love to see us get into THAT eventually.

I haven't loaded UT into my eMac...I am trying to keep it an OS X-only machine. your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

You can run UT in OSX with 'Unreal Tournament X Preview 3', which you can get from macgamefiles. It works fine on my 700 iBook under 12.1.

James

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

Someone ate my zero. Why would someone eat my zero? I needed that zero! Who stole the zero from my previous post? :(

That reminds me of a children's song that goes something like this, "Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar? Aurora stole the cookie from the cookie jar." "Who me, couldn't be," replies Aurora. ;)

James

1 - 20 of 21 Posts