Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lisa on sale at eBay

Just thought that this deserved a mention in here it's not too often that one of these classic Macs is seen. Looks like a vintage museum piece that's in great shape for a collector.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I do believe that the fellow actually had two, this one is definately the more decked out one. It looks like his reserve is quite far from where the present bids are though. And he hails from Vancouver to boot. :D :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've got a Lisa 2/5. I rescued it from Crown Assets Disposal. Works fine. Starting up is not exactly what you might consider speedy. Runs Lisa 7/7. Could have had the mod that made it into a Mac 512, but there's something about LisaDraw that's neat!

John

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
That's definitely an interesting collector's item. I think if I was in the market for a collector's item I'd rather buy an SE/30, it's more compact and probably just as cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found it as I was searching for collectible macs. my collection now includes several apple II's a 128k Mac , original Mac portable, Powerbook 100, SE, SE/30 wich I still use for email duties, IIci, LC475, all of these macs are still functional except for the SE wich one day time willing will be turned into an aquarium
. I wish I could add that Lisa to my collection but it's out of my price range I'd rather use the money for a nice iBook.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I have an Apple IIc at home in the closet, with the original boxes and a few peripherals, which was the first computer I bought. I was thinking of taking it out one day and seeing if it still works. It's been packed in it's box for years now. I don't know if the floppies still retain their data, but it would be nice trying out a few.

The first computer I used was an Apple IIe and in university I used the MacSE and maybe a MacSE/30.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The only Mac I've kept over the years is my original 128k mac from Feb. of '84. Didn't catch the Superbowl commercial, but when I went in to assemble an Apple IIc package for the first year of university I saw the GUI with the mouse I was hooked.

Luckily we had just inheirited some money, as it was over $4,000. for the very basic computer and dot matrix printer.

I used to turn it on, slide in the amazing 3.5" single sided, single density floppy and put the kettle on while OS One booted up. (OS, apps and files in less than 400k.) Then I'd come back and start MacWrite and go back to make the coffee while the app booted up.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
"... Then I'd come back and start MacWrite and go back to make the coffee while the app booted up. ..."

Today, that's the cure for RSI.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I used to turn it on, slide in the amazing 3.5" single sided, single density floppy and put the kettle on while OS One booted up. (OS, apps and files in less than 400k.) Then I'd come back and start MacWrite and go back to make the coffee while the app booted up. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
And we thought we had the world by the tail...What Productivity!. Now everyone thinks a G3-266 is a snail. It's all relative, I guess. How fast is fast enough?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts