Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey guys.

I know this product isn't a Apple related product however I am using my Mac to access the external drive connected to the router. This router is the WRT350N Storage Link; and has a USB port for the router. Does anyone know how I can access the external drive?

Do I need to go to; GO - CONNET TO SERVER - IP ADDRESS?

Please let me know.
Thanks. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Don't count on this thing working with any reliability. My experience with these routers with USD drive support has been spotty at best. That includes the Apple Airport Extreme with Airport.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I recently purchased a Linksys dual band router with a USB port only to find out they didn't support HFS disk formats. I returned it and went for an Apple Base Station Extreme, and have been hassle free since.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GODDDDDDDDDDDD these people are uselessssssssssss... the worst customer service experience ever in my life! They hung up on me 4 times, saying that they were transferring me to someone else...

They are not eve in Canada, they are in the Philippines & India - and every time they put me on hold the fone hung up (riiiiiiiiiiight...) so now im back on the fone with them going nuts!

Im actually on hold now as they are escalating the call to a second level; "Ohhhh boy, that person is going to wish he never had me as a caller today"... i am going to give it to him/her!

ps; originally my hard disk was NTFS (i knew i would have to switch to FAT32 for it to work) but even that it's not even working with the router.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hmmm... don't forget that there's a 4GB limit on file sizes with FAT32 drives, and I don't think OS X can write to NTFS drives... read only. Let me know how you make out.

...again - it was about at the same point (i.e. having spent most of a weekend) where I raised my hands in the air and decided to return the Linksys for an Apple product. I don't intend to fill my house with Apple accessories, but they're decent, not overpriced and integrate well with everything else.

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
That thing is rated LESS than 2.5 (out of 5) on Amazon. Save yourself endless grief - ditch it and get an Airport Extreme.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys.

I have a Airport Expres the smaller one but there isn't a storage capacity... so I had my brother hook me up with his Linksys, but after such a crap arse conversation with them I decided to go back to the Airport Express and just connect my external drive to the computer and just file sharing.

Is there a way to speed up the "speed" of file sharing between computers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.